Apple TV & tvOS
The Moxion app for Apple TV is the ideal way to review from your home, a screening room, or anywhere else that you can get an internet connection, an Apple TV, and a television. And if you've got an Apple TV 4K with an HDR-capable TV, you can review in glorious HDR 10 or Dolby Vision at resolutions up to 4K!
This beta is a total reworking of the previous tvOS app experience which brings it in line with the work that we're releasing throughout the year as part of the MX6 redesign.
The redesign is comprised primarily of two parts:
- Home - This is where any notifications or messages you've gotten from Moxion will live.
- Desktop - A TV app-ified version of our web app's Desktop view, here you'll have access to all of the folders you've been added to, and all of the assets in them.
Those articles dive into the nitty-gritty of the app, but if you're just looking to get signed in, read on below!
There are two ways you can log in to the Moxion app on your Apple TV -- Simple and Email:
Simple is extremely handy if you've only got a physical Apple Remote for navigation. Email is a more traditional option that allows you to enter your regular email/password combo, a process that's much less tedious when using the iPhone's Remote app.
No matter the option you choose, we'll keep you logged in for 30-days, after which time you'll have re-authenticate.
Simple Sign In
The steps below will walk you through the easier method for signing in to the app.
- Enter your email and choose the Simple option. You'll then be shown a QR code, a six-character alphanumeric code and a URL.
- Open up the camera app on your iPhone or iPad, point it at the QR code and tap the link that pops up on the screen of your mobile device. If you have the Moxion app installed, the next steps will happen through that. If you don't have it, you'll go through them in a mobile browser. The same process happens in both places.
- Log in to Moxion on the mobile device as you normally would, including any two-factor authentication that may be required (you will have to temporarily background whatever app you're using to log in if you're using a separate app for2FA).
- The six-character alphanumeric code from Step 1 should automatically populate on the next screen. If that's not the case, enter it and tap Sign In. Your device will say that you're signed in and that the TV app will do the same shortly.
- At this point, you'll be prompted to create a six-digit PIN code, which will allow you to securely and more quickly access your content on your Apple TV next time you open the Moxion app. The PIN you create will be valid for 30 days.
There's a few things you should be aware of while you're logging in to the tvOS app with the Simple method that could cause some confusion:
- If you use MFA to log in to Moxion, you'll need to get the code that is generated from whichever service you normally use for that (this is not the same as the code from Step 1 above).
- If scanning the QR code doesn't work, you can type the URL on the screen into a web browser and authenticate that way. You will need to manually enter the six-character code from Step 1.
- After you've been logged in on the Apple TV, you'll be asked to create a unique PIN code. This, too, should not be confused with either your MFA code or the six-digit code from Step 1.
Feel free to hop down to Home Screen once you're in! If you'd like to go through the steps for Email login, read on.
Email Sign In
You can follow these to log in to the Moxion app on your Apple TV with your regular email/password combo.
- Enter your email and choose the Email option as your login method in the app.
- Enter your password and click Next (if MFA is required for your account, you'll be asked to enter it now).
- Once logged in, you'll be prompted to create a PIN code, which will allow you secure, quick access to your content on through the Moxion app next time you open it.
As with the Simple method, there are a couple things to watch out for here:
- The unique PIN code you're asked to create should not be confused with your MFA code, which is required for only some users when logging in to Moxion.
- If you have an iPhone on the same wifi network as your Apple TV, you may be prompted to use your phone's keyboard to enter your email, password, and MFA code. This is considerably easier and faster than using the Apple TV's remote.
Settings & Signing Out
Swiping to the left from the top level of the Home or Desktop screens will bring you out to the highest level navigation in the TV app. From here, you can scroll up to access the Account section.
The main page displays basic information about the account you're logged in as and which company you're logged in under. It also tells you the current version number of the app you're using. Swiping down from here will select the Sign Out button and clicking that will bring up a confirmation prompt.
Clicking Sign Out will complete that process, and Cancel will bring you back into the app (you can also press the Menu/Back button to do this).
If you have access to more than one company, you can switch between those here.
When you're added to more than one company and not seeing some assets, you should check to see if you've got the right company selected.
Contains all the legal information that comes with using a modern app these days.