Exporting Comment and Metadata Reports
If you need to go offline or IRL with any asset info, you can use Moxion to build a PDF report based on the Metadata or Comments associated with your assets. To start building one, head to the Viewer and click the small Reports icon near the Assets tab in the top left corner of the app.
This will open up a panel where you'll be able to choose the type and specificity of the report you're making.
This type is the default option you'll be presented with after clicking that button and is useful for exporting lists of assets and their associated metadata.
From here, you can select the assets that will show up in the report and the order they'll be listed in.
The Options section has a number of toggles you can enable or disable:
- Include Metadata Files - If the metadata of your selected assets was populated from a separate file, this will be downloaded with the report.
- Include Images - Adds a thumbnail image for each Asset.
- Exclude Empty Fields - The report will only display metadata fields that contain information.
- Save Report to Folder - Creates a backup of the report you generate to a new Batch in the Folder.
This allows you to collect all the comments and any associated markup on the assets you're generating a report for, which is helpful if you've been gathering feedback from collaborators via playlink comments or ones left in the viewer.
The Format section allows you to choose what the export will be delivered as, and contains the following options:
Aside from that, and the type of information being gathered for the report, nearly everything here is the same as it is in the Metadata report. The only difference is the addition of the following option:
- Only Include Assets With Comments - Allows you to further whittle down the assets you're using to generate the report in question.
Once you've got all the boxes ticked and toggles set, click the Build button to start creating it. If you want, you can wait for the progress bar to finish and then use the Download link from your browser once it's ready. Otherwise, you can close out of Moxion and we'll email you a link to download the report once it's ready!
Importing Into Avid
If you've chosen an Avid-specific format, you can bring the data from Moxion back into your timeline using the following steps:
- Open the Markers panel.
- Right click in that panel and select Import Markers.
- Choose the relevant file from your desktop.
Once you've done that, the timecode specific notes will be applied.