Installing Moxion Connect
To get started working with Moxion Connect, you'll need to get it on the machine you want to use to broadcast your stream into Moxion. You can find links to get the app for Windows and macOS below.
Once the app has downloaded, it's time to start the installation.
The steps vary depending on your computer's OS, so make sure you're reading the correct ones before proceeding.
Installing Moxion Connect in Windows
Windows 10 or later is required for Moxion Connect. The app comes as a .msix (Windows) file.
- Double click the downloaded file to open it and begin installation.
- Click the Install button to proceed.
- The first time you open Moxion Connect, you'll have to click Allow Access to Private/Public Networks within Windows Defender Firewall.
That's it! Moxion Connect will now show up as an app in your Taskbar whenever it's open. You can also find it there whenever it's minimized.
Installing Moxion Connect in macOS
Your computer will need to be running macOS 10.15 or later to install Moxion Connect. The app will download as a .pkg installer. Double click the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- Click the Continue button to proceed to the next step.
- This will skip Destination Select and choose the default option of Install for all users of this computer. If you want to change that, click the Change Install Location button.
- Click the Install button once you're ready to proceed.
- You'll be asked to enter your computer's admin password or use Touch ID to approve the installation.
- Click the Close button to finish up and choose Move to Trash to tidy up and remove the installer.
- Open the Privacy & Security settings and choose Screen Recording.
- Switch the toggle for Moxion Connect to On (blue) and then close your settings.
Now you’ll be able to find Moxion Connect by searching for it in Spotlight using the CMD+Spacebar keyboard shortcut.
You can also locate it in your Applications folder.
When it's open, Moxion Connect will show up as an app on your Dock in the top right corner of the screen. You can also find it there if you've minimized the app. Clicking its icon will give you the option to Hide/Show the app or Quit out of it.