Moxion Rooms for iPadOS
- Joining a Room
- Participating in a Room
- Sidebar Overview
Joining a Room
To join a Room, navigate to the Rooms tab in the Moxion App for iPad, highlight the Room you'd like to join and tap "Enter Room". You can also tap the link received in your email to jump directly to the Room provided you already have the Moxion App for iPadOS installed.
Participating in a Room
- Hosts: Sync Options
- Host: Sync playback with the Host of the Room. When they change assets, scrub the timeline or play/pause this will sync with all participants and keep everyone on the same page.
- Everyone: Sync playback with everyone in the room. All participants will be able to change assets, scrub the timeline or play/pause and this will sync for everyone else.
- No one: Unsynced playback. Participants are free to pull up different assets or scrub to different locations without affecting playback for anyone else in the Room.
- User: How the currently logged in user will appear to others within the room (Initials/Color).
- Camera Toggle: Toggle the camera on/off. To change the camera in use go to the Settings Pane.
- Microphone Toggle: Toggle the microphone on/off to mute/unmute yourself.
- Temporary Markup: Draw on the currently playing asset with a temporary pen that disappears after a few seconds. This is visible to all participants.
- Leave Room: Exit the room and disconnect from the session. You can join again from the Lobby screen.
The Participants panel is where we can see the current participants' camera/video chat. We can toggle the view between showing everyone (default), just spotlighting the currently speaking participant or turning off video and viewing participants in List mode.
All participants within a room can collaborate in a live text chat. Text chat is different to Commenting and Markup in that it stays in the room and cannot be exported.
The Asset Information pane shows basic information about the asset currently being featured in the room. Additional information can be found in the Asset Metadata pane.
Commenting and Markup
Our timecode-accurate Commenting and Markup features allow you to annotate, draw on and leave comments at specific timestamps within the asset currently playing. Comments will reflect the dynamic range (SDR/HDR) and resolution (ie 480p) that was being previewed when the participant made their comment. Comments can be text, annotation/markup or a combination of both.
By default comments are sorted by timecode, appearing in the timecode order that they appear in against the asset. We can also sort by date to see comments in the order they were made. Tapping "All comments" also allows for filtering, letting you see only comments/threads you're involved in. All comments against an asset are also able to be searched via keyword for especially busy threads.
Comments can be edited or deleted by clicking the 3 dot menu beside the comment and choosing the appropriate action. Comments can then be exported from the Room and brought into various editing softwares as an ALE, EDL and CSV or as a PDF (that includes markups) for printing/distribution.
Markup Tools (left to right)
- Sketch: Draw freehand on the asset.
- Beacon: Add a lightly pulsing Beacon to draw attention to a specific part of the asset.
- Arrow: Add an arrow to point to draw attention to a specific part of the asset with greater emphasis.
- Rectangle: Draw a rectangle on the asset.
- Circle: Draw a circle on the asset.
- Color: Change the color of your annotations. This affects all markup tools.
- Undo: Undo annotations 1 at a time.
- Redo: If you've tapped undo too many times, redo to step forward and add the annotation back.
The metadata panel will display all available metadata assigned to the asset. This includes:
- Asset Metadata: Scene/Shot/Take information entered manually in Moxion, imported from Immediates via QTAKE or uploaded and connected to an asset using an ALE.
- Other Metadata: Additional system/file information such as Encoder and Creation Time.
- File Information: File-level metadata such as Resolution and File Size.
- Host Options (only visible to users with Host permissions)
- Mute All Participants: Mute everyone in the Room. Quiet on set!
- Mute People On Entry: Automatically mute users when they join so that they can manually enable their microphone. Useful for that one person in the production who calls in from the loudest of places.
- Allow People to Unmute: Allow (or prohibit) participants to manually unmute and turn their microphone on.
- Your Settings
- Back Camera: Switch to the iPad's rear camera.
- Front Camera: Switch to the iPad's front camera.
- Blur Background: Toggles the background blurring feature to give you a little more privacy when on camera.
- Camera On: Toggle the camera.
- Built in Speaker: Uses the iPad's Speaker for audio playback.
- Additional Devices: Uses headphones/AirPods or additional connected devices for audio playback.