QTAKE Immediates Setup
If Moxion Immediates are being used on your Production, the video assist operator will need to utilize QTAKE Server to get their QTAKE rig talking to Moxion. This is done by creating an API ID and Key on our platform.
Your API ID will be the email used to sign in to Moxion. To create an API Key, log in to your account and click the drop-down button in the top right corner next to your username, then select Settings.
From there, go to the Access Key tab and click the Reset Access Key button.
Copy that key to someplace private where you'll be able to find it later.
Once you've got QTAKE Server (QTS) downloaded and installed, you'll want to add the SYNC and IO licenses to the QTS License folder, which should be located at the end of this path:
Applications> QTAKE Server> License> filename.lic
Once the licenses are in place, follow the steps below to get QTAKE and QTS connected to Moxion.
Note: The Qtake <--> Moxion integration is dependent on running the most up-to-date version of QTS. Please ensure that you're running the latest version by opening QTS, selecting the QTake Server menu at the top, and selecting "Check for Updates." If there is a newer version, please download and install it before proceeding in order to ensure a smooth setup and integration.
Setting Up A QTAKE Project
We'll start by getting a new Project ready in QTAKE:
- Open up QTAKE and sign in with your QTAKE Cloud account.
- Click on the Project button at the bottom right to open up the project pane and then choose Open.
- Click New to create the project and open up its settings panel.
- In the settings window, you'll want to do a few things after making sure that your camera input is setup and selected:
- Open up the Project settings and enter a Project title
- Toggle Record Proxy to Yes
- Make sure the Record H264 section is set to either 1920x1080 or 1280x720
1920x1080 or 1280x720 resolutions are required to take advantage of Moxion's transcode to MXF capability. We cannot create MXF files from non-standard resolution sources.
- Press Ok to save the project.
Upload the Project to QTAKE Server
Once the project is ready, it's time to connect QTAKE and QTAKE Server.:
- Open up the projects window (Shift+P) and click Upload to send a selected project over to QTS.
- Select Hide Qtake from the prompt and open QTS.
- In QTS, you can either go to the Server tab Server, you can either go to the server tab and choose to approve it from there:
Or you can click the red notification at the top of the QTS window and chose Accept to add the project you created in QTAKE:
- Now you can set the project in QTS by clicking the dropdown menu in the top right corner, next to the Users tab:
Connect QTAKE Server to Moxion
Now that we've got QTAKE and QTAKE Server connected, it's time to link the latter up to Moxion to get uploading!
- Select the IO tab in the top right corner and then click the + sign at the bottom left corner, making sure to choose Moxion from the dropdown menu:
If you can't access the IO tab, you're most likely still running a QTAKE Server license without the correct modules. You'll want to acquire those before proceeding further!
- Check the empty box in the Enabled column next to the new integration and you'll be prompted to enter your Moxion API ID and Key.
- After logging in successfully, you can choose the folder you'd like the Immediates to upload into (it usually has that word in the name;). When the connection is successful, you'll see a green dot under the Status column.
- The last step is to check the box next to All Except Rehearsals under the Smart Bins heading in the lower right corner of QTS.
At this point, any clips you've already recorded that aren't rehearsals will start uploading to Moxion, and clicking the Files tab will show you any files that have been uploaded from QTAKE.
If you're importing assets from outside the QTS - Moxion workflow (via hard drive or camera card), anything without a Camera ID will automatically be uploaded to Moxion when All Except Rehearsals is selected.
Checking Your Work
Once you've finished the setup and uploaded a test clip or two, sign in to Moxion and go to the Desktop view. Select the Production you're a part of and open the Immediates Folder.
Back to Set
This allows other members of the production (editors, etc.) who have the required permissions the ability upload files to Moxion and then share them back to the QTAKE operator on set.
You can enable it by opening up QTAKE Server and going to the Users section. From there, check the Receive from Moxion box along the bottom of the app.
In order to receive files from Moxion, you will need to have at least Downloader (non-Watermarked) permissions. Make sure you've gotten those changed ahead of time from whomever is the admin on your production!
If your production is going to have multiple units using Immediates running through a central QTAKE Server hub with the SYNC, IO and CENTRAL modules, there's one more step to get everything working - make sure the computer or router that's acting as your central QTAKE Server point of control is set to accept traffic on the following ports:
- TCP 44443
- TCP 8500 - 8600
Once implemented, each unit's QTAKE operators will be able to share or review the assets that are going through Moxion.
When using a Multi-Unit Setup, the video assist operator on each unit will only need QTAKE Server with the SYNC module.